Castleton Woodcraft provides a full range of carpentry services. We handcraft unique and functional pieces to custom fit your space and needs . We work closely each client to design and create the beautiful interiors they envision. Many of our projects transform our clients homes or commercial spaces and become the focal point of their space.
We offer custom design, build and installation services for all of the following and much more.
- Media walls, built in bookcases, cabinets and shelving
- Tables- from console tables to coffee tables to dining tables, we build them all
- Crown molding
- Window seats and radiator covers
- Wood or brick accent walls
- Sliding barn style doors
- Fireplace mantels
We are inspired by bringing new life to reclaimed or salvaged wood and love the many ways it can be used to enhance the decor of a home or business. We seek to use reclaimed wood in many of our clients projects. These are the many reasons why we love antique wood and think you will too!
- Age and Beauty- Reclaimed lumber is antique, old wood. Each piece has unique variations in color, texture and grain. Reclaimed wood offers a beautiful vintage look and provides a warm and inviting feel.
- Character and History- The natural and man made imperfections such as nail holes, saw marks, dents, knots and checking add to the beauty and character of reclaimed lumber. Each piece is unique and original, often salvaged from railroads, old warehouses, barns, old homes, and many more sources. Each piece is part of the history of America's beginnings.
- Quality- Reclaimed wood is old and grew slowly in an environment where it had to fight for sunlight and nutrients unlike today's commercial forestry practices which emphasize rapid and controlled tree growth. For these reasons, old growth wood is stronger and more durability than the lumber available today.
- Environmentally Friendly- Reuse and recycling of salvaged lumber helps reduce waste in our landfills and helps to save trees.